Installation manual Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T
Please read this manual carefully, it will help you to install and set up your Digital Devices product properly.
To download the latest drivers and updated manuals check out our website
www.digitaldevices.de. For further contact details please browse to the end of this manual.
Table of contents
Safety instructions and hazard notices
The product is suited for use in PC-systems only.
Please read the following safety instructions carefully to avoid damage to persons or the product during use. Also obey the instructions in your PC manual.
Please provide the manual to people who carry out an upgrade or upgrade (also in case of resale).
Important safety instructions
- Installation requires knowledge with PC systems and may only be carried out by experienced users and trained staff.
- Never allow children to play with electrical appliances. They can not recognize hazards.
Disconnect your PC from the power supply before doing any work, and then wait a few minutes for all components to cool down before performing any work. There is a risk of electric shock when connecting to the power supply, which can be fatal.
- The power plug must be accessible in order to allow disconnection from the power supply in case of danger.
- Never bridge connections in the system or the power supply fuse, as there is a risk of electric shock.
Hazard information to work on your PC
- Do not plug or unplug any cables when the PC is switched on (not even the antenna cable).
- You should statically discharge prior to any work, for example by touching a grounded object.
- Use only components and cables in perfect original condition. Defective devices and cables must be replaced.
- Use the card only at the intended connections (PCI Express or data port) and do not apply force during installation
- The card / module must not come into contact with moisture or chemical solvents. Cards / modules which come into contact with liquid are to be sorted out.
- On no account use tools (e.g. screwdrivers) to reach hardly accessible places in the PC. Power supplies carry voltage even after being switched off, therefore there is a risk of (lethal) electric shock.
- Small parts such as screws can cause short circuits and should therefore not be located inside the PC.
- Do not use the card / module and PC outdoors. Cables for indoor use must not be used outdoors.In the event of problems, defects or questions, please contact your supplier.
Disclaimer of liability
The following points will result in the loss of liability, guarantee and warranty claims:
- Use of defective or modified parts and cables. Or parts and cables which have come in contact with liquids
- Failure to comply to safety instructions or installation by non-qualified persons
- Use of non-approved replacement parts
Electromagnetic compatibility and disposal
- The guidelines for electromagnetic compatibility must be adhered to when connecting the TV card / module.
- Electrical components must be disposed properly and do not belong in the household refuse.
Highlights of the Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T
The Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T is a dual-tuner extension for existing cards, bridges and network tuners such as the Octopus Net.
Additional tuners and CI modules can be incorporated seamlessly due to Digital Devices' focus on modular design solutions.
Designed and produced in Germany in addition to proprietary support by the manufacturer ensure a continual advancement of many software products.
Particular emphasis has been placed on environmentally friendly Green IT with low energy consumption and without environmental hazardous components.
Technical data Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T
- EAN: 4260217680808
- Part No.: 091243
- dual-tuner basiscard for DVB-C2 and DVB-T2
- Utilization either as a single card or with extension modules (Tuner, CI)
- Frequency range: 51-858 MHz
- All modulations and coderates according to DVB-C specification
- Symbolrates from 0,87 up to 6,9 MBaud
- Sensitivity: 47dbµV (64QAM), 47dbµV (256QAM)
- QAM: 16, 64, 256, 1024, 4096
- Code Rates: 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
- Guard Intervals: 1/64 and 1/128
- Channel bandwidths: 8 MHz and 6 MHz
- Data Slice Types: 1 & 2 supported
- Data Slice Width: up to 7.61 MHz
- Stream processor for automatic common-PLP and data-PLP combination
- FEC Header Type
- Robust mode
- High Efficiency mode
- Notch Support
- Narrowband and broadband notches
- Reception of narrow channels down to 2 MHz between broadband notches
- Time interleaving modes 4, 8 symbols and ,best fit'
- Frequency range: 49-861MHz, 2k&8k OFDM
- All modulations and coderates according to DVB-T and DVB-T2 specification
- Sensitivity: -82,6dBm at 16-QAM&3/4
- 6 MHz,7 MHz and 8 MHz BW support
- Excellent phase noise resistance
- Excellent multipath equalization performance
- Automatic detection of mode/guard interval lengths
- EWS (Emergency Warning System)
Unicable for DVB-C
- Master/Slave-Unicable System for DVB-C/T, one antenna cable supports all tuners
- PCI Express (x1-x16)
- IEC Connector (Input), IEC Connector (Output)
- 3x 20-pin data port for DuoFlex expansion modules (e.g. tuner and common interfaces)
- Sherlock connector for power supply of expansion modules or for LNB power supply (up to 20 watts)
- H 54 mm, L 100 mm, D 14 mm
- PCIe compliant
- 3,5 watts
Supported operating systems
- Linux (Kernel 2.6.34 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows® XP(SP3), 7, 8, 8.1, 10; (32/64 Bit)
- Windows® Media Center
- Dual Core Intel® oder AMD® CPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 1x free PCIe port (x1 to x16)
Enviroment and safety
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE compliant
- Manufactured and designed according to European ISO / DIN guidelines and environmental standards.
Scope of supply
- Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T PCI Express card
- Manual (on CD)
- Driver (on CD)
- DD-TV Software (on CD)
- Slot bracket full-profile
- Low profile slot bracket
Note: Make sure to follow the safety instructions in this manual and in the user manual of your PC.
- Carry out a backup prior to the installation process.
- Switch off the PC and disconnect the power supply. Now other external cables can be disconnected.
- Put the PC on a stable surface in order to access the backside easily.
- Wait a few minutes until all parts have cooled down before opening your PC and continuing the installation process.
Note: To prevent an electrical short circuit, newly acquired equipment and cards should not be put into operation until they have reached the surrounding temperature.
- Attach the slot bracket to the card or module if necessary and use the screws provided with the product.
Note: Depending on the measurements the card comes with two slot brackets (Full Profile and Low Profile). Slot brackets in various designs are available separately.
Installing the card
Note: Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) can damage internal components of the PC. Hence, you should discharge before working on the system, for example by touching a grounded object.
- Open the housing as described in the operating instructions of your PC.
- Locate a suitable PCIe slot and remove the slot cover.
- Keep the TV card at the slot bracket and plug it vertically into a free PCI Express slot (x1-x16) until the TV card is locked into place firmly. Be careful not to damage any surrounding components.
- Tighten the screws of the slot bracket until the card is fastened.
- (Optional, when using a Cine-S2): Connect the power connector to your power supply if your LNB requires that (> 5 watts of power consumption). LNBs with a power consumption of up to 20 Watts can be utilized.
- Close the housing
- Reconnect any disconnected cables
- Connect the antenna cable to an antenna input port of your TV card or to your tuner module
- Finally, connect the power cord to the PC and turn it on.
Connection diagram Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T
Einkabellösung für DVB-C2 und DVB-T2
Die Karte hat eine Master/Slave-Einkabellösung integriert, um mit einem Antennenkabel beide Tuner zu versorgen (DVB-C/C2 oder DVB-T/T2). Die zweite Buchse schleift das Signal durch, um weitere Geräte zu versorgen.
Driver installation on Windows PCs
- Start your web browser and go to www.digital-devices.com.
- Now click on "Downloads" and download the appropriate driver for your individual operating system.
Drivers are available for the following versions of Windows:
- Microsoft Windows® XP (SP3), 7, 8, 8.1, 10, in 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Media Center is fully supported.
Caution: When installing new drivers or programs, existing data can be overwritten or changed.
Hence, you should create a backup copy of your hard drive before proceeding with the installation.
Compensation claims for loss of data and resulting damages are excluded.
Note: For Windows® XP, please log in with a user account which has been granted administrator rights.
- Start the setup program by (double) clicking the downloaded file: "DigitalDevices DVB Driver X.msi".
- Now please follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: If you select an installation directory other than the suggested installation directory, the DD Control Center for managing the cards and modules can only be accessed from the installation directory and not from the control panel.
- After completing the installation, restart the computer.
Note: The message "The driver to be installed has not passed the test..." is no indication for a malfunctioning driver, but rather for a missing Microsoft signature.
The error message can be ignored, thus clicking the "Next" button.
After successful driver installation, three new entries are displayed in the Windows device manager (In case of additional modules installed more entries may appear).
The following image is an example of Windows® 10.
Driver installation on Linux
Current drivers are available here: https://github.com/DigitalDevices/dddvb/releases
In the following it is assumed Ubuntu/Debian, OpenSUSE, and Fedora Linux are being utilized. Other distributions may work in a similar way.
Installation of the components
sudo apt-get install mercurial build-essential libproc-processtable-perl linux-headers-$(uname -r)
sudo zypper install -t pattern devel-basis
sudo zypper install mercurial perl-Proc-ProcessTable kernel-devel kernel-source
sudo yum groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"
sudo yum install mercurial perl-Proc-ProcessTable kernel-devel kernel-headers
Operation (execution in a console / terminal)
Download and unzip the current dddvb drivers
sudo wget https://github.com/DigitalDevices/dddvb/archive/0.9.36.tar.gz
sudo tar -xf 0.9.36.tar.gz
sudo make install
Specify the sequence for loading the modules
sudo mkdir -p /etc/depmod.d
echo 'search extra updates built-in' | sudo tee /etc/depmod.d/extra.conf
Announce the new modules and their dependencies to the system
sudo depmod -a
When using a Max S8, create the ddbridge.conf file
echo 'options ddbridge fmode=x' | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf
(Substitute X with mode of operation / fmode)
Note: If I2C timeouts occur, please disable MSI for ddbridge: echo 'options ddbridge fmode=x msi=0' | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf
sudo modprobe ddbridge
Operating modes for the Max S8:
Fmode=0 4-tuner mode(Internal multiswitch deactivated)
fmode=1 Quad-LNB / normal outputs of the multiswitch
Fmode=2 Quattro-LNB / cascade outputs of the multiswitch
fmode=3 Unicable or JESS LNB / Unicable-exit of the multiswitches
Settings in the Linux driver
Set the following ddbridge parameters for fmode:
- fmode = 0
- fmode = 1
- fmode = 2
- fmode = 3
Demod 0 & 4 at input 1
Demod 1 & 5 at input 2, etc.
The input for each frontend can be changed using: ioct DTV_INPUT All cables are connected via a Quad LNB
All cables are connected via a quattro LNB or multiswitch cascade output: Input 1=VL, 2=HL, 3=VH, 4=HH
All demods are connected to Input 1 and send JESS or SCR (Single Cable Routing) commands from the application
Digital Devices Control Center
Version 3 (15.09.2018)
The Digital Devices Control Center is included in driver version 220.127.116.11 or higher and is used to manage Digital Devices DVB-products on Windows systems. Network tuner configurations can be set via WebInterface or Octopus Cast Tool.
The following settings and functions can be adjusted in the DD Control Center:
- Setting operating mode (Unicable® system)
- Assigning reception mode (DVB-S/S2 as well as T/T2 and C/C2)
- Hardware information and diagnostic capabilities (Tunerlog, signal strength, temperature)
- Firmware updates
- Assign tuner to CI (if available)
- Access to CAM menus (if available)
Accessing the DD Control Center
Since driver version 3 the DD Control Center is integrated into the Windows Start menu and can be accessed there (up to version 2 it was accessed via the control panel).
For certain functions (adjusting driver settings) it may be necessary to run the application as an administrator.
Connected hardware is displayed under Devices. For each standard card, a menu item is created for selection.
If the card is equipped with expansion ports, those are displayed in the main screen, as well as the DuoFlex modules connected to them.
For diagnostic purposes, hardware data is available, which is presented in greater detail within the Diagnostics + maintenance section.
If installed cards or modules are not displayed properly, it must be checked whether they are connected correctly or not.
Signal setup DVB-C/DVB-T
Setting up reception mode(s)
By activating the checkboxes you can specify which type of reception is used and which type of tuner is displayed in the applications (for example "DVB-C").
- DVB-C/C2 WMC: (identifies tuner as DVB-S/S2 for use in the Windows® Media Center)
Several options can be assigned to tuners for alternating use of different programs.
In the applications, all assigned tuners are displayed as a separate entry.
For example: Four tuners are assigned to DVB-C and DVB-T2. They are displayed four times as DVB-tuner in applications and four times as DVB-T2 tuner. Simultaneous usage is limited by the actual number of tuners, because multiple assignments do not increase the total number of tuners.
Sample application: Alternating utilization of the tuner in DVBViewer® (option "DVB-C/C2") and Windows® Media Center (options DVB-C/C2 WMC).
Accessing a tuner that is already in use by another program is not possible. Depending on the application, there may appear messages like "no device available?.
Diagnostics and maintenance
Show driver version (Homescreen)
The installed driver version is displayed in the homescreen.
To check if a newer version is available, please visit our download page driver-download.
Create tunerlog (Homescreen)
Creates a detailed event list of the last seven days about the installed cards and modules. The report shows the signal values and in case of problems facilitates assistance regarding the analysis.
Firmware download (Homescreen)
Redirect to the download page for firmware updates
Firmware updates can be downloaded here and then installed by using the provided routine.
Now select Devices in order to start the update procedure for the card or module. After installing all desired updates, the PC must be shut down. After the next start, the update is completed.
Detailed information about standard cards and extension modulesv(Devices menu)
In the menu Devices a menu entry is displayed for each standard card.
If a selection is made in the menu, the main screen displays detailed information for the selected card and connected extensions:
- Serial number
- Firmware updates (if available)
Note: For the Octopus CI S2 (Pro and Advanced) and Octopus Duo CI, the bit rate of the CI can be adjusted here if decryption errors occur. See CI bit rate settings (Octopus CI S2 Pro and Octopus Duo CI) in chapter CI setup
Display signal values (Tuner menu)
In Tuner menu, a menu entry is displayed for each standard card and for each extension module.
If a selection is made in the menu, reception values (including signal quality) for the card or module are displayed.
Note: The signal values are only displayed during operation, so a TV application with a selected transmitter should be opened simultaneously.
If a CI is assigned to the selected card or extension module, this assignment will be displayed here.
Software and applications
The Digital Devices TV software is included in your TV card package and is compatible with various applications.
Digital Devices TV
The digital devices TV software is included in your TV card.
In addition to the internal DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-C cards you can also integrate networks such as the Octopus NET.
The latest version can be downloaded from: Digital Devices ? DD-TV Download
The application manual is available from: DDTV-Handbuch
Third party TV software providers:
The TV card supports many TV applications like Microsoft Windows® MediaCenter 7/8, DVBViewer, Media Portal, Gen2VDR, MythTV
Instructions for various applications are available on our website www.digital-devices.de.
Technical illustrations Cine C2/T2/ISDB-T
Digital Devices TV cards and modules can be expanded and combined easily thanks to the modular design of Digital Devices solutions.
Each DuoFlex module can be connected to any TV card or bridge via an expansion connector.
Even cards without expansion connectors can be integrated since the PCIe system bus is able to establish a connection.
In either case additional modules are seamlessly integrated into the Digital Devices Control Center.
Please consider the following advice, once a problem regarding your card occurs. Please access our knowledge base for more information and assistance at: http://support.digital-devices.de/
Basic prerequisites / testing for errors
Turn off the PC and disconnect the power cord before carrying out any checks.
Now perform the following checks:
- Are all cables and connectors properly connected?
- Is the card firmly plugged into the PCIe slot?
If the card is not recognized by the system, please try another PCI Express slot. Since some motherboards don't recognize cards plugged into a PCIe X16 slot properly. Utilizing the X4 or X1 slot should be considered.
- Make sure using original equipment only. Do not interchange cables from different devices, even though they appear identical. They may differ in pin configuration.
- Does the antenna provide adequate antenna power?
- Make sure to implement a minimum distance of one meter to high-frequency and magnetic interference sources (TV set, mobile phone, speaker boxes, etc.).
Turn the PC back on and carry out the following checks:
- Does the card show up in the device manager or in case of a Windows PC in the Digital Devices control Center?
- Inside BIOS, "PCI Express overclocking" should be set to 100 and not into "auto" mode.
- Does the DD Control Center or your application display a signal?
- Does the problem occur in one application only? Try it out in Digital Devices TV as well.
- Is the installed driver up-to-date? Does the problem still occur when a different one is used?
- Did you install the required codecs for playback on your system? Disable DXVA if block graphics occur with HD stations.
DVB-C specific tests
Is a signal detectable at the connector and is the signal unencrypted? Many provider utilize basic encryption, which makes a CI module with CAM mandatory for many stations.
- Can you watch the channels with other devices?
- Can you watch the television program of public broadcasters, which tend to be transmitted without encryption.
Imprint & contact
Inquiries from OEM and industrial customers
Digital Devices GmbH
12529 Berlin Schönefeld
Company registration number: HRB 14007 CB in Cottbus
VAT Id No.: DE 266 587 135
Management +49 (0) 89-43759192
Customer Hotline +49 (0) 2065-6989930
Inquiries from distributors, retailers and end users
Digital Devices Distribution GmbH
An der Geis 67
Company registration number: HRB 21725 in Duisburg
VAT Id No.: DE 269 963 931
Head office +49 (0) 2065-6989930
Fax +49 (0) 2065-6989999
Product support and advice
Support form: Produktsupport Digital Devices
Phone: +49 (0)2065 - 6989930 (Mon-Fri 09:00 - 18:00 Uhr)
Digital Devices product portfolio
The Cine series TV cards are the basic products for various Digital Devices solutions. Our Dual Tuners can easily be enhanced with different tuner- and CI-modules to accommodate multiple variations.
Whereas the Octopus series is aimed at the characteristic demands of specific TV tuner environments.
Combinations with CI expansions as well as external solutions are an example of our flexible modular design within the DVB product range.
The DuoFlex series complements the Cine series by incorporating various expansion modules (Tuner, CI) via ribbon cable (No additional PCIe slot required).
Explore the world of Digital Devices at www.digitaldevices.de !